>> Friday, July 6, 2012
There is some major progress being made at my house. Thank goodness because we have just barely over a month to get EVERYTHING done. Just typing that in made me feel stressed.
- Back yard is DONE except for the landing at the bottom of the deck, which we'll do next weekend. Oh, and the shed needs to be painted - I'm doing that tomorrow. Otherwise it is DONE, DONE, DONE. And it looks awesome.
- I bought my shoes for the wedding - woohoo! They are cute and they are sandals and they will be great to wear after the wedding, too.
- My dress is with the alteration lady now - should be done sometime next week - woohoo!
- My hair is finally starting to grow and look like a hairstyle (does that count as something to check off my "to-do" list?)
- Jam is being made on 7/28 - that's not technically done - but I do have all the stuff to do it (except the strawberries, of course).
- Ordered and paid for the flowers yesterday - they're going to be so pretty..
- Planted lots of fun little succulents and climbing plants in mason jars and tiny pots to add to the centerpieces. They are growing and I think they'll be super cute by August 11th. I think. Hopefully I won't kill them by then. Ya just never know.
- Invitations have been mailed and RSVP's are starting to come back. If I sent you an invitation please RSVP - we're trying to get a good head count for dinner over here, people.
- Food has been figured out - we're going with Johnny Carino's Italian for dinner. We'll order that on July 27th.
- Plates have been bought (unless we have more people than initially planned - in which case I'll be frantically shopping at all the thrift stores in a few weeks).
- Guest book has been ordered - I'm super excited to get that!
Holy crap I'm going to stop with that little list right now. It really stresses me out.
Anyway - that's what's going on around here. What have you been up to this summer?
>> Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Somehow I managed to squeeze in some time to start and finish my June Moments projects this past weekend. Don't ask me how - cuz last weekend was INSANE.
We laid sod, put in a flower bed, planted a ton of flowers, laid more sod, planted trees and shrubs, laid some more sod AND....I don't know what else. It's all a blur of tired muscles and dirt.
Here are my June Moments projects - yay, hooray for being done with them!
Happy Tuesday, Internet!
>> Thursday, June 21, 2012
Just busy, busy over here, people.
Lots of wedding stuff is getting done. Lots of landscaping is getting done.
And.....that's about ALL that's getting done around here. I did manage to finish editing Bonnie's family pictures - and I'm hoping to finish up with my Moments projects by tomorrow (cuz this weekend is all about mailing wedding invitations and laying sod - not so much about scrapbooking).
Once the sod and invitations are done we'll move on to the next thing.
Oh, there are so many "things".
But it's good - we're getting things done and I'm getting really excited for August 11th to get here!
Between now and then posts will probably be few and far between - but I'll try to do an update every now and again.
>> Thursday, June 7, 2012
I've really made some progress on the wedding front this past week. I'm relieved. And well on my way to being broke.
Not really, but kind of. Weddings are expensive - DIY or not.
Anyway, here's what I've gotten done this past week:
- Engagement pictures have been received and I think we picked which one to print for the invitations. Once I have a final count for the invitations I'll order the pictures - so that'll happen next week for sure. I'm going with Color Inc. Pro Lab for all the prints - their products are such amazing quality.
- Invitations have been ordered and I should have a proof within 48 hours.
- Lots of books and plates have been bought. I really scored last week at a couple thrift stores and garage sales.
- ALL jars have been bought. I have the jam recipe and just need to schedule a time to have a jam making marathon with Tiffany.
- Dress has been picked up and I'm on the hunt for someone to do my alterations (not going with the lady I previously called. i really wasn't very impressed with her at all. thanks to Kim I have a few good leads and will be making some calls tomorrow)
- The rental stuff is done, the deposit has been made. Whew! I was really worried we wouldn't be able to get what we wanted there - but they had EVERYTHING on my list available.
- We have made a decision about the music - there will be no band. I've decided to renew my subscription with Rhapsody and make a seriously long playlist for the wedding / reception. For those of you who aren't familiar - Rhapsody is a subscription music service where you can download ALL THE MUSIC YOU WANT for $10 a month. So my options are pretty much limitless - and I figure the $20 I spend on a two month subscription will be WAY cheaper than renting a music machine with music I don't like OR buying all the songs we want on iTunes. What can I say? I'm cheap and I want a lot of variety when it comes to our music. I plan to subscribe the first of next month and then start putting together our playlist - FUN! We'll just put the playlist on my iPod and then put the iPod on a dock and hook up the speakers. Fancy? Nope. But it'll do the job and we'll have music.
- I am currently emailing back and forth with our photographer and we should have everything narrowed down next week. It'll be nice to be done with that, too.
- I booked the judge the day before yesterday - we're all set for 6pm on August 11th.
- Bob is sealing our deck as I type and there will be some major demolition in the back yard over the weekend. Which means we are making some progress on the landscaping. Oh, and there are some tiny blades of grass coming up in the areas where we seeded. YAY!
PROGRESS! I am feeling so much better about where I'm at on my to-do list. It's amazing what a difference a week can make.
>> Wednesday, June 6, 2012
I picked up the disc of our engagement pictures from Jessica yesterday and I'm SO excited! Thanks so much to Jessica for doing such an AWESOME job!
Now to choose which one to send in our invitations - that's the hard part!
>> Monday, June 4, 2012
- I'm not good at yoga. It did not make me feel relaxed. Or flexible. Or centered. Namaste.
- I'm not good at kickboxing. Kenpo. Whatev.
- My bedroom is not big enough for me to do a front, side, back kick combination. Unless I'm cool with kicking my dresser. And I'm not sure I am.
- I look like an idiot pretending to punch things. Also, I can only do one kind of punch without getting confused. Ask me to do four different kinds all in a row? It's just not happening.
- Looking in the mirror while attempting to do the P90X cardio DVD is not what you'd call a "self-esteem booster".
- I don't think I like P90X.